Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Friday, September 21, 2012

Envirotex Update

Actually the updated is there is no update.  Other things came up that I decided to do and I didn't get to the Envirotex.

First I decided to install the water columns in Hood.  I cut the station platform and fitted all three in place.  I then put a first coat of paint on the drains and the concrete base.  While doing this I learned there was an extension to be used for post 1925 columns.  So I managed to get the columns apart and install the extension.  Now the water column will clear all of the tenders.  When making this modification to the two White Hall water columns I also discovered I had not assembled the first three correctly.  But since I plan to modify them I don't think this will be a problem.

Next I decided where the parking lot will be for the Hood station and cut the timbers to go between the rails between the parking lot and the station platform to allow for easy movement of luggage.  The timbers are now cut and stained and probably will be installed tomorrow.

Then it was on to more vegetation around Hood.  I think most of the vegetation is complete between Hood and the tunnel portals with the exception of the trees.

So maybe I will get to the Environtex tomorrow.  But no guarantees!

A picture of the Hood vegetation progress is on www.easton-and-potomac.com.

No comments: