Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Friday, June 27, 2014

E&P Crane Undergoes Clearance Test

After putting the new Brownhoist crane on the layout I got concerned it might not clear the helix.  (My helix is less than normal HO clearance.  I did this to keep the grade and number of turns down.)  So I decided to hook it up to a loco and run it up to Furnace just to see.  Luckily it passed!  Well almost.  It did hit one teltale.  But that is ok.  So the crane is back in White Hall waiting for its official move to Furnace via an extra.

The rest of the day was spent working on Central Valley and Ambroid VM box cars.  I got all of the vents installed and the spacers for the roof walks.  And they got some more painting.  Next step is to build and install the doors, install the roof walks and install the grab irons.  These cars should also be ready for the next OPS session.  (The White Hall YM will be glade to hear this.)

No comments: