Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Telltale Gauge

Today I started installing telltales.

I had already installed one at Swift Run but I need to install twelve more.  Because of this high number I decided to create the gauge below to help align the telltale footing.



I was able to installed three today.  But the glue I was using is old so I decided to wait until tomorrow to see if it will hold before doing the remaining five.

If all goes well tomorrow I will get nine of the thirteen telltales installed.  The remaining four (of which I have three kits) will be placed around the signal bridge at Hood.  Once I get another set (they only come in sets) I will paint the last four and install them in Hood.

Since I am only using a press fit between the footing and the pole they can be easily removed for scenery construction and can flex if hit to prevent breaking.

No comments: