Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Monday, September 3, 2012

Maintenance Day

Today I wrapped up my maintenance day by re-installing the Thorny Point turntable and working on the Kipper.  I also checked out all of the bad car orders and bad track orders and fix any I could duplicate which in this case were none.

The Thorny Point turntable gave up easy today and worked the first time after being repaired on the workbench and re-installed.


The Kipper had been running very slowly and erratic.  A good cleaning and lubrication seems to have solved most of these problems.  (I know everyone will be happy to hear this!)

I also looked into the stalling issues with #33 in Thorny Point and found most of it to be dirty track.  I think.  I appears to be operating OK now but only a real OPS session will tell.

No comments: