Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Friday, March 31, 2017

March 2017 Progress

This month I have concentrated on scenery in Thorny Point and on Jordan vehicle kits.

Part of the scenery effort has been the assembly of two buildings, the Thorny Point station and the Thorny Point fire house.  However, I got a couple of cans of bad spray paint (they clumped up and the result looked like textured paint).  This resulted in quite a bit of effort to clean up the affected parts and has delayed progress on the station by at least two weeks.  The fire house is needed to allow positioning some scenery elements so it moved up on the priority list.  Along the lines of the Thorny Point buildings I have decided on three brick colors and randomly assigned them to the buildings.  I did this to try and prevent any pattern in brick color or placement.

The other scenery effort has been installing the land forms (including the dirt roads) and preparing the non-ballasted track.  Both of these are almost done which means I will be able to move on to the ballasted track and ground cover.

While I was waiting for scenery to dry I worked on eight Jordan kits three of which are fire trucks.  When done I will have two 1928 model As, two 1928 model A pickups, one 1911 Ford mail truck and three fire trucks to place in Thorny Point.

To see the current state of Thorny Point (and it is not pretty) go to www.easton-and-potomac.com.

No comments: