Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Friday, October 21, 2016

E&P Interlocks Update

Well this is going just about how I thought it would.

I did manage to find the documentation I created when I initially setup the interlocks.  But I have not been able to find any disks.  Which means I have not found the version of JMRI or JAVA I used.  The JMRI version I can get off their website but the JAVA version is another issue.  Add to this the fact that every backup CPU I tried had issues and would not boot.

So here is the current thinking.

I have purchased a refurbished CPU with windows 7.  It arrives Wednesday.  I will install the latest version of JMRI and JAVA and then attempt to get the interlock process running.  I suspect this will also not be an easy process and will take several days, if I'm lucky, to get resolved.  But when done this setup should provide the longest life for the interlocks and make it easier to reinstall if and when they fail.

Knowing how much attendees love the RF&P diamond interlock, this will be my main priority until it is back in operation.