Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Friday, May 23, 2014

Too Many Irons In The Fire?

Do I have too many irons in the fire.  I don't know, probably.

Here is a list of my current "active" projects:

Jordan Old Farm Wagon kit number 107
Jordan Mack Stake Truck kit number 209
Packard Stake Truck kit number 231
Tichy Derrick kit number 4010
Tichy Boom Car kit number 4022
Central Valley VM G.M&G. kit number R-91 road number 1253
Central Valley VM G.M.&G. kit number R-91 road number 1227
Central Valley VM N&W kit number R-91
Central Valley VM P&R kit number R-93
Scenery
Skirting
Staging

Why so many active projects?

Well the Jordan kits are at a tedious stage that I am putting off.  (I started these three kits just to get a measurement on their cargo floor heights to aid in building the Hood team track.)

There is a need for more VMs (ventilated box cars) to service Mar-K Apples and the Central Valley kits fit the bill and are fairly easy to build.  (Unfortunately both of the G.M.&G. kits have parts missing so a little scratch building will be required.)

The scenery work is needed so I can move the forest into Hood.  (And I need to keep at the scenery work so at some point I can actually finish it.)  (I just got notice that my flocking has shipped so the scenery project should show progress again soon.)

The skirting has some Velcro that holds the seams together and these are coming loose.  I have some new ones and some glue that should fix this problem.

And of course I need to get the layout staged for the June 4th Wednesday night session.

On top of that two super value boxes of Scenic Express Super Trees arrived yesterday.  So that will be another project to add to the list.  But that one will most likely wait until the current crop has been planted.

So it does not appear that I will be without railroad related tasks any time soon.  However, I do need to get some of these wrapped up or I will have a new crop of "long-in-the-tooth" projects sitting around!

No comments: