Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Monday, March 24, 2014

Didn't Have What I Thought I Had...

...but I did have what I thought I didn't have.

This morning I went to work on finishing the edge of the Hood station platform past the first platform cover.  I thought I had enough wood to finish this section but would need to get some more before I could proceed on the next section of the platform.

The edges are glued in place using CA adhesive.  I thought I had plenty of glue but to my surprise I ran out before I could finish the area.

While looking for more glue I found another bundle of planking.  Come to find out I had plenty of wood but no glue.  So it was off to Hobby Town USA to get some CA adhesive which luckily they had.

Back home I was able to finish the edges of the platform past the first platform cover, get the separator board in place and get the starter rows past the second platform cover before running out of stained planking.

My final job was to stain another twelve pieces which will be ready tomorrow when I should be able to get the planking past the second platform cover.

A picture of current progress is on www.easton-and-potomac.com.

No comments: