Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Monday, October 28, 2013

Almost A Wasted Month

Working on the layout anyway.

It had been September 16th since I last worked on the layout.  So today I managed to get back to work on it.

But in all fairness I have been working on the Crew system for about a week adding a new random selection process.  My goal from the beginning of operations has been to allow as many to attend my sessions as possible while still rewarding those that helped me get to where I am now.  I came up with a seniority system to do just that which I believe has worked fairly well.  However so many now have such high seniority that few if any non FQOs are able to get into sessions.  My thought was to have some sessions where I randomly select from the pool of sign ups.  So I added code to the Crew system to allow me to do just that.  My thought is to hold two random selection sessions a year starting in 2014.  These random selection sessions (if I decided to hold them) could be any scheduled session (either weekend or week night).

I am interested in any feedback you might have concerning these random selection sessions.

After finishing my work on the Crew system I moved to the workshop and did some painting on the Hood passenger platform covers.

Then it was outside to work on the pine trees destined for the area from Brooke to Thorny Point.  Since this forest would be mostly pine and would have a lot of front row pines I decided I needed some better looking tree trunks than I had been using for the pine trees in the other forests.  I saw an online posting on how to do this and decided to give it a try.  The picture below shows the front row pines with the bark treatment applied.  Tomorrow I will touch up those that need it and apply the bark to the tops.  Then it is on to the sisal twine branches, painting and flocking.

In this picture you can see the difference the application of Dick's Fine Pine Bark mix makes.
 
One last item.  I visited the shipyard Sunday after touring layouts in Ford's Colony, Williamsburg.  A picture of the state of the steamer has been posted to www.easton-and-potomac.com.

No comments: