Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Another Environtex Update

This morning I checked on the pours from last night.  It had been about 19 hours.

The clear and the brown had setup hard.  However the green and brown were still very soft.  And the blues were somewhat soft.  I don't know if it was my measuring or mixing or the addition of the dyes or not enough time.  Either way I poured some more today using a higher volume of Envirotex to see if that might cure the problem.  It will also be interesting to see if the green and brown mixtures harden up over the next couple of days.

These are the first pours that have the black backgrounds..  I believe either the brown or green+brown are the best for the ditches with the green+brown  having a slight advantage.  And I believe the green might be best for the harbor area around Thorny Point.  It looks like the water around the harbors I am familiar with.  The blues are just to intense to me.


This is the second pour into white backgrounds using a higher volume of Envirotex and adding some rocks to get a feel for the color density.  The upper row is the original mix that I poured into the lower row to the desired thickness.  From left to right are clear, green, brown and green+brown.

If the second set of pours sets up properly then I will proceed with pouring the three ditches.  The three ditches are one at Furnace and two just east of Hood.

No comments: