Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Sunday, September 16, 2012

What to do about White Hall?

As usual between sessions White Hall yard needs to be sorted and the first train (#110) of the next session made up and placed on the departure track.  This is done to give the White Hall yardmaster a head start which helps keep him on schedule for at least part of the session.

So today I sorted White Hall yard and made up #110 and placed it on the departure track.

There is also quite a backlog of cars in White Hall waiting to be spotted at the local businesses.  So
I also decided to work the local businesses (which I normally don't do) to help clear up some of the backlog of cars waiting to be delivered.  I also looked at the shipping profiles for all of the local businesses but did not find any that I thought were too frequent.

So starting with the next session I will pull waybills from On Spot cars and load On Spot MT cars after they have been in place for at least one fast clock hour.  This should clear up the backlog and get White Hall into a more stable environment which will help maintain the sanity of the White Hall yardmaster.

No comments: