Easton & Potomac trackage - red lines

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Path Through The Woods

Today was some scenery work which included installing the telltales, weathering some new ballast, installing some vegetation between the two helix portals, starting on a path through the woods (which can be seen at www.easton-and-potomac.com) and the start of some wet ditches which are pictured below.


I first painted the area black and then applied a gray wash.  Next I applied some gloss medium (the white stuff in the picture) to the shallow ditches.  After the gloss medium dries I will apply some gloss varnish.  Then after that dries I will apply some of the "living" mixture of static grass.

For the deeper ditches (the two areas farthest from the fascia) I will apply some Envirotex that has been dyed brown.  This will be my first attempt at applying Envirotex so wish me luck.

No comments: